Monday, October 3, 2011

Netflix is outdated.


Ok, so for the last few months I have listen to friends neap and moan about the fact that Netflix raised the prices of the streaming and DVD rentals of their movies.  As for me, I was content enough to stick with them over the rise in prices and the split in DVD rentals.  I can deal with these things as long as there is something that I want to have.  And last night I lost my redeeming reason that I wanted to stay with Netflix.

So here is the deal.  I love the fact that I can stream a large library of movies to my  TV, Phone, or Computer at any time.  Yes, I understand that not everything is up there .  I know that some things I am going to have to get via DVD service.  The last straw?  Last night I decided to watch a movie.

Powering up the PS3 I get to the movies and start looking around.  I think I found five big movies that had been made in the last two years.  The majority of titles were filmed back in the 90’s.  The “New Movies” section had such hits as “Harry and the Hendersons” “Mortal Kombat” and “Airplane”.   These are all movies that came out way before the Y2K mark.  I ended up settling on “Greedy” which is an older Michael J Fox movie. 

So Netflix, here is the deal.  I am giving you 60 days, which is going to be the beginning of December, to make your Streaming Service worth my keeping.  Let me point out that this is the main reason as to why I have not left for Blockbusters just yet, they don’t have a streaming service.  But if I am just going to be stuck with DVD’s, then I am at least going to stick with the option that allows me to drop them off at local stores. 

Oh, and just to let you know, telling me that you are going to have a huge selection of Dreamworks titles available some time in 2013 is not going to do it for me.  I am not going to wait around more than a year to be impressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment